I am sure by this post’s title you’re thinking I’m going to give you a book list. I’m not. I have always loved reading, but for the past few years my literature reading has been like a seesaw. Recently, however, literature and other books have [finally!] come back into my life, so I would LOVE any suggestions after a bit of a hiatus over the years.
Here’s what I am reading: things via the interwebs (remember I do not have Facebook and subscribe to like a million newsletters). I figured, when I don’t have a recipe to post, I thought I’d share with you what I’m reading. Basically The Good Shtuff. There’s plenty of bad out there, that I won’t be sharing…but the lighthearted Shtuff should be passed along. I love this for a few reasons—it’s basically like the Johari Window “to the soul”: known to self, not known to self, known to others, not known to others.
1. Maybe I’ll learn something I didn’t know or re-learn something
2. Maybe you’ll learn something about me because of the articles I read
3. Maybe you’ll learn something about yourself vis a vis my suggestion
4. Maybe you’ll get excited to try something new
5. Maybe you’ll pass it along to a friend whom an article may resonate with
Either way, I’m trying to pay it forward. Hell, maybe I’ll even save you some time so you can delete the email newsletters in your own inbox because you like what you read/see here. With this new little column, I hope to brighten, enlighten, or motivate you with what I share. So, take a few minutes on your commute, your lunch break, or over a glass of rose, to expand some knowledge, and maybe have a laugh. Who knows what kind of randomly-read list I’ll compile? I promise it’ll be worthwhile…and the articles short, because ain’t nobody got time (or the attention span) for superfluous articles that don’t relate to your life.
Good Shtuff I’ve read this week--Here goes:
1. Apps for your phone that help you find restaurants that cater to dietary restrictions!? And one that tells your server in a different language!? Count me in!
2. The $5 Billion Battle for the American Dinner Plate: WOW. JUST EAT REAL FOOD, PEOPLE
3. 3 cool technologies that could save the world’s water: side bar…have you heard of this place in Spain..?
4. Meet the men behind lululemon
5. How good does cocktail this look? Swap the simple syrup for agave…
6. I may need to add a few of these to my regimen!
7. 16 Foods You Didn’t Know Could Kill You: While I won’t be eating live octopus anytime soon, I’ll definitely watch out for cherry pits!
8. Weekend project!
9. Are You a Yuccie?
10. Count me in!