Happy FriYAY, darlings!
Hope your week’s been wonderful. While mine has been taxing mentally and emotionally, in the midst of it all, I’m constantly being surrounded by feathers so I know I am being guided by angels…
I still haven’t been cooking much, although I’m attempting a modified 7 DSD with my fellow TIU-er @lindroslh. Cheese has still been my mainstay diet and I know I need a break. Not so sure how I’ll go 6 days without dairy, but I’m gonna try. Cheese has been all I am ever really hungry for and feel that if I can just satisfy my little hunger and cravings in one fell swoop then it’s a huge win.
After working being spoiled in a wine + cheese bar, and sampling all of the yummies, I’ve found some favorites and have recently discovered a few more! If you have access to a cheese shop, or even Whole Foods, here’s my list!
Pro tips: If there is a cheese monger behind the counter, ask for a sample! They are usually willing to help you pick something fun. And if you ask them for information on the cheese you can bring knowledge to your next party! Also look for “tid-bits” or smaller pieces of cheese that are too small to sell normally. They are priced well, and are always perfect for a snack or cheese board for two!
- Ewephoria—specifically crafted for the American palette it has a subtle sweetness.
- Manchego—classic, salty, overall crowd-pleaser.
- Saint Rose—semi-soft and super nutty with a gorgeous natural rind.
- Prima Donna—gouda-type-hard has awesome crystals for a fun textured mouth-feel.
- Beemster—another gouda-type with a nutty flavor.
- Robusto—my sister, Christina’s favorite: semi-hard cheese with a well-rounded sharp flavor.
- Midnight Moon—like a goat gouda (which is also fab) harder cheese to certainly stump an “anti-goat cheese” person.
- Bucheron—dual textured and a great treat.
- Cane de Cabre—super creamy.